A Brief History
Camp Wyandot, Inc. was founded as a Camp Fire Council in 1913. In 1928, the council became an Ohio nonprofit corporation and purchased Camp Wyandot in the Hocking Hills. As of April 30, 2013, Camp Wyandot, Inc. became an independent organization and is no longer affiliated with Camp Fire. Today, Camp Wyandot serves boys and girls with summer day and overnight camps and our Wyandot Explorers Club program.
E-Mail Newsletter Sign-Up!
join our mailing list
* indicates required

Big article in Columbus Dispatch!

In case you missed it, our beautiful Camp Wyandot was featured in the Columbus Dispatch this month.

Our registrations are going well this year and we feel we are making great strides forward. Often, in order to achieve news coverage and raise awareness about our existence, we have to bare our soul to the public. That is exactly what we did here. The lead paragraph in the article states exactly what is important about Camp Wyandot, and we hope the article will inspire parents to revisit the idea of sending their children to a “distraction-free” camp.

Read the article here.

We are grateful to all the volunteers, donors and community groups who have helped us weather some major expenses and upgrades to camp!

Leave a Reply